Travelers Guarantee is currently a leading provider of surety products for the residential home building and development industry in Canada. As London Guarantee Insurance Company, we were the first insurer to enter the home warranty market in British Columbia following the introduction of legislation under the Homeowner Protection Act & its Regulations ("Act") effective July 1, 1999. Utilizing the experience and knowledge of a dedicated group of underwriters and field staff, we focus on the risk evaluation process while working to develop and maintain strong relationships with the building community.
What is a "2/5/10" Warranty?
The Act outlines specific details about the mandatory warranty commonly referred to as a "2/5/10" warranty. It is the most comprehensive third party warranty in North America, and even the world. At law, builders must provide a third party warranty covering:
2 Year Materials & Labour Warranty
- First 12 months - coverage for any defect in materials and labour
- First 15 months - coverage for any defects in materials and labour in the common property of a multi-unit building
- First 24 months - coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning delivery and distribution systems. In addition, coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the exterior cladding, caulking, windows and doors that may lead to detachment or material damage to the new home
- 5 Year Building Envelope Warranty
- 10 Year Structural Defects Warranty
Stringent Underwriting Criteria
Travelers Guarantee thoroughly reviews all builder applicants in the areas of track record, technical expertise, financial capacity, and after sales customer service. Not every applicant qualifies. Only those builders who meet our stringent underwriting criteria are able to provide Travelers Guarantee's home warranty coverage. The annual renewal of a builder's registration is subject to a similar review. HPO also monitors builders throughout the province and investigates consumer complaints.
We're Here To Stay
Travelers Guarantee is currently a leading provider of surety products for the residential home building and development industry in Canada. We were the first warranty provider to enter the home warranty market in British Columbia following the introduction of the legislation under the Act. We have firmly established a reputation for employing highly experienced staff, implementing strong underwriting guidelines, and delivering exceptional customer service. Travelers Guarantee is fully committed to the home warranty business long term